Sunday 24 March 2013

Welcome To My Next Three To Six Months


19th March 2013 I had an appointment with a councillor to talk over and straighten out any issues I may have had with a recent endeavour. At some point during the session she asked me what I did, and amongst other things I must have let slip about being a writer. “So monetize this – write a blog,” was her response.
So here we are. I’m writing a blog about about my recent decision to become a sperm donor.
Although it’s not really donating, as they pay a fee for every successful deposit. That’s why this blog is called Cash In Hand. But we’ll talk about that, both the morality and the technicalities of receiving payment, in depth later on.
You reading this are the first people I’ve told. I’ve not told my parents, or any of my friends. I’ve not got a partner but if I had, I wouldn’t have told her by now either. I’m quite a private person in reality, which is why this blog is anonymous. We’ll deal with this in some depth too, later on.
Sperm donating is an unusual experience for me, to say the least. At type of publication we are a few weeks and one donation into the process. As the blog continues I hope it will find a more diary-like shape, with a few odd pieces along the way.
In addition, the enormity of what’s occurring – that I may, some way down the line, be responsible for dozens of human lives – has, as of time of writing, not yet quite sunk in, as I’ll later explain. I’m currently in a state of practicality – times, dates, fees, etc, and by extension, this blog. It’s my hope that as my thoughts and feelings about what I’m doing change as they inevitably will, I’ll post them on here as and when they come to me.
I also promise to try my very best to avoid bad euphemisms – sperm is sperm, penises are penises, and wanking is wanking from hereon in. It’s also hoped that, despite the title, I avoid any tiresome puns about the above – but no promises.
I’ve no idea how this blog will go, but it’s my intention at the close of my donation – somewhere between three and six months, it’s estimated – to turn it into a book. Privately published eBook, maybe, but certainly something solid. If you’ve any interest in publishing or serialising this blog, or want to commission me to write something fresh, please feel free to email me –cashinhandblog@hotmail.com
The above email is also if you have any comments, questions, or suggestions for blog posts. All welcome.
So that’s the introduction to the blog. Now let’s go back a few weeks to the beginning and we start my adventure swapping sperm for cash.

No comments:

Post a Comment